Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Autumn Blaze spacing

Posted by old1880home (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 08 at 9:13

My city's utility company came through and cut down our two 100 year old maples. We live on a busy corner street right downtown. Devestating! But that's another story :-( They are replacing those trees with 3 autumn blaze maples. We need to stake where we want our new trees planted but I'm not sure how far to space them apart. Any tips?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Autumn Blaze spacing

Depends how long your frontage is. 75 feet apart would be ideal but planting them closer will give you denser shade. I hope they are planting caliber sized trees because it will bo sometime, maybe your grandchildren before they look like the trees they are replacing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Propagating Perennials

o

old1800home: Autumn Blaze maples grow fast: Height: 50' - 60'; Spread: 30' - 40' In an earlier post about spacing Autumn Blaze maples, it was suggested that the trees be spaced about 25' apart. (see link below)

bullthistle: The OP's question was about how to space Autumn Blaze maples. You recommended 75 feet apart, although the trees grow about 30 feet wide.

At the bottom of your answer you added a link to your blog, "Propagating Perennials." I went to the blog and searched for information about maples - the search revealed nothing.

I'm confused. When people add "a link that might be useful," that link provides additional information about the subject. Why do you add links to your blog when it does not include information that would help the person who asked the question?

Here is a link that might be useful: Spacing Autumn Blaze Maples

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 23:14

Careful! Thistles can be prickly.

For additional discussion search by cultivar name 'Jeffersred'. This should give a pretty well targeted list of hits.

Here is a link that might be useful: United States Patent: PP04864

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here