Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linanm

Please Identify Japanese Maple in Gallery

linanm
16 years ago

Hi all, I posted two pictures in the gallery of a Japanese maple. I bought it without a tag and would like to know which one it is. Thank you for your help, Linda

Comments (6)

• dawgie
    16 years ago

From your photos, your tree looks like one of Japanese maple varieties that leaf out with very bright red leaves that then turn green, such as Shin deshojo or Beni maiko. From the photos, it looks more like Beni maiko to me because the green leaves are so bright. The green leaves on my Shin deshojo are more olive green in color than bright green.

• tnemeth888
    16 years ago

I agree with Dawgie...it looks very much like a Beni Maiko or a Shin Deshojo. How much sun is it getting?

• krazy_karma
    16 years ago

I would love to see your tree, too. I went to the gallery, but now how do I find YOUR picture?

• linanm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for the responses, it does seem to look like the ones you mentioned. I will post another of the tree, it isn't very big. Karma, To look at the picture in the gallery, it is the first two posts (right now anyway) under linanm, just click on the link to photo after opening.

• krazy_karma
    16 years ago

linanm:

I can't even find THAT. I go to the gallery, and there isn't a place to find a post. I typed Japanese Maple in the gallery search, and only one post came up. It isn't yours.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    16 years ago

krazy karma, just back out of this post and look at the top of the listings of postings of this forum. You'll see a heading "ON TOPIC DSSCUSSIONS" and next to it in smaller type, "Gallery". If you click on this with your mouse, it will direct you to the photo gallery for this forum (although it is perfectly acceptable to post photos in the discussions as well) and you will located linanm's pics.

Unfortunately I have no enlightenment as to the ID :-) I'm not sure it is either Beni Maiko or Shindeshojo as my experience with both of these is that the incredibly red spring growth remains intact until quite a bit later in the season before changing gradually to green. Both of mine are in full leaf of the moment and neither has anything close to green on it. I guess it maybe quite likely that they could color up differently in SoCal's different climate, though.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County