Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdlt155

Inaba Shidare needs help

jdlt155
13 years ago

Hi everybody,

I am pretty new to this forum,although i have been on Gardenweb for a number of years, and have gotten some great information on the various forums.

I have a 7 year old Inaba Shidare cutleaf in my yard between my outdoor pond and at the head of my stream,It is about 4 feet in height, and with a spread of 4-5 feet,

I have it planted on a raised bed with mulch and over the last several years it has not failed to amaze me with its color and beauty.

Unfortunately 2 years ago during a somewhat harsh winter one of the larger branches was storm damaged and i pruned it,and applied a little wound dressing to the cut.

The following year it leafed out as usual very nice,turning from bright red to green later in the season,but last year the tree did not fully bud,and leaf out, and i had several dead branches.

I just noticed yesterday, now that all the snow has melted recently, the tree is still alive, albeit with several dead branches as before, although it is still early in the season for budding in this zone in Ct.

Is this maple worth saving, should i give it some time and see how it develops or look for a replacement?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ken

Comments (2)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company