Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
row03

worried bout new jm newbie too

row03
14 years ago

I am new with JM's But have always loved these trees. I finally planted my first one last year. A bloodgood a local nursery was going to throw away. Brought it home and babied it all summer. Worried about it all winter, We had our first ever blizzard here with 14" of snow. This spring it came out and is one beautiful little tree.

I was shopping at Sam's and there was this beautiful around 6 ft. Oshi-Beni crying to me to take it home. I bought it last Sunday and brought it home and planted it.

I watered it very good. Now I am worried about it It just doesn't look happy branches are drooping leaves are droopy too. I put it under a bigger tree to guard it from out harsh summer heat. It gets morning sun until around 1pm and very filtered sun thru out the rest of the day. As we enter the summer months it will get more filtered sun then it is getting now. I am afraid to water it for we have chances of rain here for several days Thursday thur Monday 40 % chance of rain so we should get rain. I have sticked my finger in the dirt and it is moist about 3 inches down or so. I am not sure if it isn't getting enough sun or is it in planting shock. I don't know if I just wait or if I need to do something before it gets any worse. I would love any advise you all can give me. If need pics please tell me would be no trouble to send pics. and where do i send them I am new on list. It is too pretty of tree to just set back and let it die. Thank you so much !!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting