Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Japanese Maples that I got for $12 last Fall at Home Depot.

Posted by Allan870 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 21:33

I got these last Fall for $12 each at my local Home Depot. (I actually got 5... 3 inaba shidare, a red dragon, and blood good).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Japanese Maples that I got for $12 last Fall at Home Depot

Here's the Red Dragon.

o

Nice finds, and nice pictures!

o

It looks so nice.

Caelian

o

Thanks! Since it is arbor day, I took a couple more. (And planted a few more). I am addicted. I really like the shape of my Red Dragon. I purchased one yesterday for my grandparents anniversary, and it was more upright. You can also compare this photo to the above one, and see how much it has leafed out in just a week or two!

This post was edited by Allan870 on Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 11:35

o

Sorry, I don't know how to post multiple images in one post.

I got this one from Wal-Mart for $25. It just said upright. I am not sure about the variety though. It looks similar to my Bloodgood in the front yard, but I wasn't sure. So I planted this one in the backyard.

o

The leaves on my bloodgood.

o

And the last one. I bought a Tamukeyama this week. This is a close up shot on the leaves.

o

Beautiful maples! Looks like you have a nice big space to plant a bunch of them too! I have to keep myself in check on my quarter acre lot and not plant too many.

o

That's the problem I have. I got a lot of plants on clearance last summer. We had a bad drought, & many of the local garden centers practically gave the plants away. I am thinking about getting a coral bark next.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here