Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Twombly's Red Sentinal'

Posted by CEFreeman DC/MD %27Burbs 7B (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 21:40

Gardengal48 has given me this name as a tall, narrow upright.

Now, I need to know if anyone in south Florida, into Texas, and up no farther than Atlanta has grown this beauty in full sun?

Thanks.
Christine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Twombly's Red Sentinal'

Christine, TRS is a sport of 'Bloodgood' so should share a similar tolerance for heat and sun. If you can grow 'Bloodgood' well in your area in full sun conditions (and this is often listed as recommended for hot, sunny climates), then TRS should fare equally as well.

HTH

o

Gardengal gave you the right scoop. Keep in mind if its a little tiny thing you should move with caution, but that cultivar can take DC/MD. sun and heat with a little nursing the first summer.

o

I'm off to find it! :)

I'm addicted to red, so if you can name it, I usually have it.
Not this one, tho....

Thanks. I want tall and skinny! (If I can't be, at least my tree....)

o

tooo funny!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here