Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasoncoco

JM Seed Radicle Turning Brown.

jasoncoco
14 years ago

Hey everyone. I have been trying to germinate some JM seeds. They are currently in the fridge being stratified with vermiculite. They have been in the fridge for almost 90 days and many have germinated already. My only problem is that once i put in soil, they don't grow. Some of the radicles even turned brown or even black in the bag. Im wondering if that is certain death for the little ones or is it something i might be doing wrong with my sowing. IM using a mix of peat and perlite with a small amount of compost added. So far i have only had one stay alive. Is the radicle turning brown from mold, moister level or what. I have noticed a little blue mold on some of the seeds. Should i just open the bag for a week or two and shake the seeds around everyday or should i use a fungicide/bleach solution. I am currently starting many tree seeds from seed, hoping to turn them into bonsai one day. I have had great luck with almost all of them. The jm is the only one really giving me trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks