Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booboo1988

Maple trees issues

booboo1988
9 years ago

Hello All, HELP!!!!

Not sure what the issue is this season with my trees and shrubs, but they are looking terrible! Is it due to the harsh winter here in Michigan? I live on a high traffic/school bus route corner lot and concerned about rock salt from the street being kicked up into the yard. We also had a frost and freeze at the end of April and a wet May. We have a lot of rabbits, dogs, cats in our yard too.

My maple tree (tree is 7 years old in full sun) is slowly budding out leaves (most of the tree has no leaves) but when the west side of the tree leaves are budding out, they wilt and die, but the leave steams are green and trying to bud more leaves out. East side of tree (faces house) leaves have brown spots and slightly wilting. End of fall last year the leaves did not fall off the tree (some fell in the winter.) I did notice that some of the tree have small holes in the trunk and some of the bark is cracking. Every year I have to water the heck out of it to keep it, but this year never had this problem before not sure what to do?

Japanese maple (15 years old in full sun) tree has hardly any leaves on the top of the tree (all the leaves are in the middle) I did notice rabbit teeth marks on the bottom and places black tree wrap to protect the tree.

Thank you for any help!!!

Comment (1)