Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mainegrower

fungus

mainegrower
13 years ago

A Beni Hime in a container is suffering from a quite severe fungus infection on leaves and shoots. Daconil spray does not seemed to have helped. Can someone recommend a fungicide?

Comments (5)

• Embothrium
    13 years ago

What are the symptoms? Effective treatment depends on accurate diagnosis, same as with medical problems.

• mainegrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm 90% sure it's botrytis. Dark gray/black patches on leaves and newest shoots. Some shoots have lost all leaves from tips to about 4 or 5" back toward the trunk. Infection began when weather turned cool and damp. The older portions of the tree seem the least effected.

• jean001
    13 years ago

Can you post pictures, please?

• mountainboy
    13 years ago

i have a maple tree thats about 5 yrs old .any way for the last 3 yrs .these first green then turn red bumps on leaves, seems to be getting worse /spreading .what can i do .also i have other trees an they dont seem to have it .i dug all these trees up off my place.an there growning well and seem to be healthy except the one with red bump .looks sorta like potato bug eggs that get on your taters under the leaves except there hard .and on top of the leaves

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    13 years ago

Mountainboy- like in the link below?

tj

Here is a link that might be useful: Maple Gall Mite

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES