Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spacing Autumn Moon

Posted by wendyb 5A/MA (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 07 at 12:40

How far from the house would you plant an A. shirawashum 'Autumn Moon'? I read that it is smaller than its parent and very slow growing

I could line it up with the other 2 adjacent shrubs or move it forward a bit to center it in the whole deep bed and plant something(?) in back of it. Maybe more daylilies

I just removed a dying viburnum from that spot and was trying out Autumn Moon for size. I think it will look great in that bed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spacing Autumn Moon

I would move it forward to "highlight" it. It will be the "star" of the bed. It deserves to be the center of attention

o
RE: spacing Autumn Moon

I agree with garp1, I would move it forward, just behind the middle daylilly, move that dayllily forward, the two behind it, back and slightly more towards the center and the back two, I would move back on either side of the hole where the viburnam used to be. Just my two cents, whatever you do I'm sure it will look beautiful. 'Autumn Moon' is definately a favorite, I have two. Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here