Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kkoh777

Crimson King Norway Maple

kkoh777
9 years ago

I recently moved into a new house and while talking to my new neighbors found out we have a Crimson King Norway Maple tree in the back yard. It is currently about 20 ft tall and I've read they can get up to 50 ft tall. There is another one in the back yard of the house diagonal to our back yard and it is easily double the the size of ours if not more.

I'm concerned about it's placement in the yard, it's very near the back corner and quite a few power lines. I'm also worried that in another 10-20 years, our very sunny backyard will be completely shaded. I love having mature trees, we have a very large maple tree in the front yard that cools the house considerably. I love it, but I feel like this Crimson King is too big for the space.

Is it past the point of being able to successfully transplant it to another location? Both of our parent's have big yards that a large tree would have room to grow on without running into power lines or completely shading their yards.

Is our only option to cut it down? Is there any type of pruning we could do to keep it's size down?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH