Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fenix_gw

is she a dead stick?

fenix
16 years ago

I purchased the 4 foot Bloodgood Maple Tree in early April. It was purchased mail order so it arrived fully leafed out, looking beautiful. Because of the unexpected cold snap in early April, I couldnÂt plant it right away. I had it in the house for a couple of days and because of the dry air in the house (at least that is what I was told) the leaves shriveled, died and fell off. I planted it a couple of weeks later, expecting the buds and leaves to come back. Most of the small braches all died. A few small leaves have appeared on the trunk of the tree, but are shriveled and do not look good. Right now I basically have a 3 1/2 foot stick (the top 6 inches also died). IÂm hesitant to simply discard the thing as it is still nice and green underneath the bark on the trunk (when I conduct the ol' fingernail scratch test). Suggestions?

P.S. The company I ordered it from did remedy the situation and sent me a new, albeit smaller tree. But again, IÂm not sure this thing is completely dead, and if it isnÂt I hate to get rid of it.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County