Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denise1300

HELP! Japanese Maple

denise1300
16 years ago

Hey All,

I have a situation. I have a small/medium japanese maple that was very healthy. It lost its leaves in the fall, and this spring, it's never looked so beautiful.

I was living in the bay area where it is very cool weather (65-75 F) and I moved to the central valley where it can be much warmer (80-90 F). When I brought the tree here, I put it on our poarch where it got a little morning sun, then shade for the rest of the day. But the leaves all fell off and It's in shock.

I've heard to just let it do its thing and just water it normally. So, I did that and have been keeping a very close eye on it. Last week (10 days later) I went to a nursury where a lady gave me some plant food and told me to not mess with it to much and just let it do its thing.

It has not shown any new sign of growth. I think maybe it got too hot in the truck when we moved it?

Today, I think it looks worse, the branches are beginning to get brittle where they break easier and I can tell that it's not doing well. Is there anything else I can do to help my poor tree??? Please help this tree is very important to me.

Comment (1)