Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjmm1

jiro shidare leaves turning yellow and dropping

kjmm1
9 years ago

I have a jiro shidare that I planted about 3 weeks ago that was doing fine until I noticed it was dropping several handfuls of leaves today. Some have spots so I was worried it may be phyllosticta but it also could be scorch. I louped the leaves and did not find any fruiting bodies. Looks like the yellowing starts in the veins then spreads. It's on young and old leaves.

I have a cherry tree that did this on a Lower branch. I removed all of the yellow leaves. The cherry tree is accros the yard from the jiro shidare. I don't know if the events are related but I hsve attached pics for review.

We are not in a heatwave and I have not done anything different lately. Two other maples, a Jordan and red dragon are right next to it and are not showing symptoms. they are in full sun. Neither jordan nor red dragon are experiencing leaf scorch.

Yellow dropping interior leaves happened to my mikawa yatsubusa, it was suggested i over watered so I backed off on watering and it recovered. This is different because its not just the interior leaves and there are some spots on some leaves.

What do you think is going on with my jiro shidare???? Over watering of disease or something else????

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County