Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blurdgmtns

Please help! How can I save my 7' Fireglow??

BluRdgMtns
9 years ago

I really hope someone can help me. I purchased a 7' japanese maple Fireglow last week that I've been searching and searching for and I finally transplanted it from the 25 gallon pot to the ground today..this is where it gets heartbreaking (at least for me). A cell of strong thunderstorms near by decided to take a turn and head my way with wind gusts up to 40 miles an hour periodically, a downpour that wouldn't quit and my poor tree as I watched it take a beating as the lightning wouldn't quit long enough to let me do anything to save it. Finally I was able to safely go out and assess the damage an hour ago. The root ball was well out of ground, I lifted the tree and saw a pool of muddy rain water that kept rising no matter what I did. The root ball seemed half washed away at the bottom....I did the best I could with what I had to work with, I filled the pot back up with dirt and compost, I put the tree back in the 25 gallon bucket and I sat in silence while I thought about this $200 tree dying the same day I planted it in the ground. I know that japanese maples are super sensitive and any physical shock could be the death of it, but PLEASE if anyone has any advice or any positive outlook on this tree possibly living, please share your thoughts. I need guidance here. At this point I'm pretty pessimistic and upset, so, is there a way that I can save this tree or am I at a loss here?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions