o
Upright version of Tamukeyama?

Posted by lou_midlothian_tx z8 DFW Tx (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 11:38

Is there such one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upright version of Tamukeyama?

Unless trained to grow more upright (staked vertically so that growth is upright rather than immediately weeping, which can be rather common with certain growers), no. Dissectums like Tamukeyama are cascading weepers with a low mushroom or umbrella shaped habit. The exception to this is Seiryu, which is considered to be the only upright growing dissectum.

There are other upright cultivars that offer very deeply lobed, rather narrow and delicate foliage much like a dissectum but without the finely scalloped, dissected edges. Look for those in the linearilobum group, like Red Pygmy or Villa Taranto.

o
RE: Upright version of Tamukeyama?

Thanks Gardengal. I have both Seriyu and Tamukeyama so it got me wondering if there's such one. I couldn't come up with anything from internet search. Has anyone ever attempt to breed both to produce upright growing version of Tamukeyama?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here