Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Japanese split leave maple

Posted by kurtulusoc New Jersey (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 07 at 13:50

I have one. This spring frost got to her. She is trying so hard to come back.

All the buds at the end of the branches are lifeless. She is growing leaves from the main branches right from the body of the branch.

Do I have any hopes or is this the beginning of an end.

Every body is telling me she is lost. I am not letting it go!...

Any body who can tell me something would cheer me up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Japanese split leave maple

All you can do is cross your fingers at this point and see how she does. I have seen some that got hit hard and they have not made it, but I've seen some that seem to be doing ok even though they are leafing out near the trunk like you mentioned. Only time will tell. Regardless, I'd say your tree will be set back in size pretty bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here