Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arbo_retum

Help I.D. Dwarf Acer Palmatum?

arbo_retum
14 years ago

I will photo this guy after my camera is fixed but for now, might this description sound I.D.able to anyone? The nursery had lost the tag. Dwarf specimen, tiny 2" dark green shiny 5 lobe leaves just slightly curled up on the edge, appearing densely on a somewhat twiggy plant. just bought it; see no noticeable veination or twig coloring.this plant has one 'reverted' branch with larger 3" leaves, ;light matte green, with irregular and wavy edged 5 lobe leaves.

thanks for your help. i looked through my vertrees but found nothing like it.

mindy

Comment (1)

• norwood1081
    14 years ago

I've had this Red Japanese Maple for 15 months. I repotted it on February 28, 2009 and it was doing great ever since until I looked at it this morning and several of the leaves (two shown in middle of second pic top and bottom) look like the ends are drying up or look like their 'burnt'. Would any one know why? I repotted it in Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Mix 75% and 25% Cactus soil and water it every three or four days as needed. It's been doing great with many large new leaves coming out (see first pic taken June 22), until now. The leaves are wet in the second pic because I had just misted it with water. I also noticed many very tiny flies/gnats (?) hanging around the tree, about the size of the head of a pin. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH