Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking For....

Posted by plantmarker z7 NC (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 4, 06 at 22:06

Hello Folks -

I am looking for the following cultivars. If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

They are:

'Fujinami nishiki'
'Ori zuru'

Many thanks!

PlantMarker

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking For....

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 7, 06 at 11:57

You're definitely looking for a couple rare ones. I see neither in the ~6 pages of Japanese maple source listings in PLANT LOCATOR - WESTERN REGION. Vertrees/Gregory merely lists both cultivars, without description (in Appendix D). MAPLES FOR GARDENS mentions the second one as being like 'Beni shichi henge' but "markedly more intense." Maybe that is why you are interested in it.

o

Yah neither are on the Eastwoods cd either so they are most likely NOT redily available and most likely NOT on the east coast....My suggestion would be to contact an old timer like greer or that maple tree . net guy who is now retired ( web site is KAPUT)..can't place his name ...nice guy though or write peter who re-did Vertrees book ...but with so many other available great and probably similar cultivars out there i think ...unless you gots lots of time on your hands ...why bother ...I'm sure you could get something similar!!! David

o

Frank Byles...is the guy I couldn't remember I may have his email address or phone # ( he preferrs phone )..If you want it email me personally I don't think he wants it public ...I wouldn't ( phone # that is) He is very knowledgable older dude.... David

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here