Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
csmerk_gw

orange dream & bloodgood advice please!!!

csmerk
16 years ago

Help! I was wondering if an Orange Dream is a good choice as an ornamental for the corner of a house (single story ranch). The side of the house is lined with boxwoods and the front with Rhodes and some large mounded Ilex shrubs (all green no color except for when the Rhodes flower). Anyway, it is a partial sun/ partial shade area so the leaves won't scortch, but I wasn't sure if an OD could "hold it's own" on a corner. Currently the OD is about 2 or 3 feet high at the most. The problem is that I bought a 4-5 foot Bloodgood for another location and as it turns out that tree looks stunning on the corner in question against our creamy yellow house with barn red shutters. I know a BG can get very large and is never recommended next to a house...but how about on a corner?? If so how far out?? Or will the orange dream be a better choice over time? The color just seems to gets lost against the house. Maybe an additional boxwood on the corner for a dark green background woud help the OD??

Please advise...new baby coming in 11 days so I'm running out of valuable time to make these final decisions.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Comment (1)