Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcpleaux

Crimson King died back to the root - Rubrum Maple death damage

MarcPleaux
9 years ago

Hello, I have muliple variety Maples.

The 2 Japanese Maples died back to the parts that were sheltered from the Winter....Snow is an amazing insulator. Now I know what to do about them, I think. Winter Coats for any parts higher than that, IF they ever grow past their new bonsai heights., lol

The Silver Maple, is happy happy.

The Acer Rubrum, was so very happy....(8 yr old tree) although last year it started to behave oddly, not forming keys & other issue, cant remember. This year however, the tallest part of it came out in Spring nicely, but then started to die/dry off to death, I am sad & unsure what happened or what to do. Cut it off? feed it?

The Crimson King Maple....always the slow starter here in my garden....this year however 97% of the main branch ball/top/crown, did nothing, 1 small section came to leaf, but also died back....now nothing going on, on top....a small sapling formed at the bottom & is shooting up rather well. but....the main tree seems dead....Not sure what happened, why, or how/IF it can be saved.

Help.

Thanks.

Happy Maple Day....for the rest of the Maple that are still beating their blood. â£

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living