Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for a plant suggestion

Posted by klc0812 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 08 at 10:36

Hi there!

I am putting together a small memorial garden...I will have a small waterfall/pond and I would like to include a small japanese maple of some sort....thinking possibly a weeping variety or dwarf....or possibly both. The garden is in honor of my 14 yr old niece who we lost last November....so I would like it to be something beautiful that really stands out! I know there are so many....but any that immediately come to mind? I have also considered leaving it (or one of the two) in a beautiful container...maybe a dwarf. There will be a few white roses in the area as those were her favorite....they will be climbers....so a white backdrop if you will.

this is the waterfall we want to do:
Photobucket

The area gets early afternoon sun. Any suggestions on varieties that would work well...?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for a plant suggestion

• Posted by picea 6A Cinci- Oh (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 25, 08 at 12:45

Three japanese maples to consider are Mikawa Yatsabusa and Murasaki Kiyohime which are both dwarfs and Red filigree Lace which is a very fine textured and slower growing red weeping type. David

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here