Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blazing Autumn Maple Tree Questions

Posted by keninaz AZ (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 13:10

I bought a home and had a service plant two Blazing Autumn Maple trees for me last November, 2012. That service is out of business today.
The trees are staked well, look good at about 12' now and had lots of growth this year so far and are now about 1.25" trunk diameter as measured about 3' from the ground.
I was told to water the trees with 15 gallons of water each 2x a week in warm WX and once on colder WX and have done so and also was told no fertilizer during the first year of the planting.
My questions are when should I remov the stakes on the trees and when should a taper off on the watering, or should I?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blazing Autumn Maple Tree Questions

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 13:42

Water as needed if site and climate require it. Remove stakes when it has been one year from planting.

Name of tree is 'Jeffersred', with Autumn Blaze being a registered trademark used to sell it. For well-targeted web search hits use the 'Jeffersred' name.

o
RE: Blazing Autumn Maple Tree Questions

OK, thanks for the information.
How about trimming the trees.
Can I eliminate lower branches of the tree after they lose their leaves during winter?
I know some trees recommended this at one time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here