Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimberniki

Issue with Laceleaf Maple- please help

kimberniki
11 years ago

Hi, I'm new here and new to gardening in general... First, thanks for taking the time to read this and possibly replying to help me out :-) We bought 2 Laceleaf Japanese Maples recently (green in color/acer viridis). We were told that they are approx 20 years old- about 4ft tall each... We live in the Central Valley in California (zone 9). We planted each tree in big 36in x 25in pots and each are in part shade/part sun. Each have been watered regularly and soil is damp when I put my finger about 2 inches below the surface. My concern is that both have gone from vibrant green leaves, to crunchy dieing leaves in the past few days (they've been in their pots for about 2 weeks). The one in afternoon sun is worse than the other. now it's been hot these past few days- like nearing 100 degrees... I've placed an umbrella over the one sitting in the afternoon shade to protect it. I'm unsure if it's an issue with the sun exposure, water, them being in pots- or all the above!! They were pricey and we love them... Any suggestions on what the issue may be?... Thank you all so much!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting