Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is up with my maples?

Posted by cornbread Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 18, 09 at 22:20

I have a couple of maple trees in my back yard and the one looks like it is really dying. It started last year to have some branches at the top without leaves but this year it looks worse. And another tree about 20 feet away is starting to look the same way. The leaves appear to look normal, no spots or anything like that, however they do look small. There also appears to be a green type of moss or something all over it (see picture). I have uploaded some pictures that hopefully will help see http://www.flickr.com/photos/85269369@N00/sets/72157621536084907/. Thank you in advance. Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is up with my maples?

Doesn't look promising. There is no chemical fix. Wind will reap havoc and trees will look like that after major storms. Otherwise, you have a tree that is dying. Probably root girdling from the very beginning and you didn't even know it, now would have anybody else unless the roots had been carefully checked.

Dax

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here