Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you seem this maple?

Posted by CEFreeman DC/MD Burbs 7B (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 13:53

Hello yet again!

I have this maple growing next to my concrete step in about 3" of dirt. Well, this baby has been there for about 3 years and I've grown to like its perseverance and leaf coloring. The thing is, I've never seen anything like it.

I was hoping someone might recognize the different stages I'm going to post here. There will be 3 pics posted separately.

Thanks for your help!
The first is the oldest growth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Pic no. 2

This 2nd pic is the medium mature leaves. I love their patterns!

o
All together

Here you can see the very newest (August!) growth is reddish.
This pic shows leaves in all 3 stages.

Any ideas?
I appreciate it! :)

o
RE: Have you seem this maple?

Just a guess...and I stress, a guess. Might be iron deficiency due to the high pH from the concrete causing yellowing with green veins.

tj

o
RE: Have you seem this maple?

Oh, wow. What a shame.
If I dig it up and am actually able to move it, it'll go away!
I really like it.
Poor thing.
I wonder if like hydrangea, if I put a nail in the soil if it'll change. Worth a shot!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here