Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Badly damage tree trunk of maple

Posted by StAsmodeus Minnesota (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 27, 11 at 20:21

I've recently moved into a new home only to find that the best maple tree of the yard is damage at the trunk, splitting in to two, so to speak. There is a rope in the higher branches hold the tree together or from falling on the house... But what I was wondering, is there any way of repairing this tree by bolting it and\or cable wrenching it closer together... I can provide pic if needed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Badly damage tree trunk of maple

Sorry but with a rope holding it together, and the stated worry about it falling on the house it looks like it is time for this tree to go. But without pictures one can not say for sure. If it looks dangerous, it probably is and it is time to have a certified arborist take a look ASAP.

o
RE: Badly damage tree trunk of maple

Please do post your picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here