Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasonkola

Japanese maple lighting and watering needs.

jasonkola
16 years ago

I have seen lots of Japanese maples arround here that I really like. I don't know th names. the tree I am looking for has deep red leaves all through the summer and spring and fall. they grow small and bush like. usually not much above 6 feet. they also have a thin split thin lacy leaf. can any one give me some good ideas for options and let me know there watering needs and sunlight needs. the aria I have planed to plant them dose not get alot of direct sunlight. maybe 3 to 4 hours a day in the summer and much less perhaps 1 to 2 hrs a day in the winter. I may relocate them a little if they can not tolerate that little light. also I plan an automatic watering system for them that will have drip emitters but need to know just how much water is too much and ahat is too little. we do have dry spells in the summer sometimes that are 6 to 8 weeeks long and hot uper 90's and lower 100's for a week or more at a time. of coarse I know that some of these trees can be a bit intolerant of some of the coldest dayes in this Z5 will I need to cover these trees? any info would be great thanks. Jason

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions