Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Japaense Maple Delivered

Posted by precator NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 6, 08 at 10:31

Has anyone here received a Japanese Maple that was delivered from buying online. How do they deliver it usps- fedex , etc? Just wondering if it's safe and does anyone recommend a good site.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Japaense Maple Delivered

I've bought hundreds of JMs on-line. Very satisfactory experience. Delivery will vary, depending on your location and the vendor.

My favorite on-line vendors are:

EastFork Nursery - www.eastforknursery.com

Eastwoods - www.japanesemaples.com

Essence of the Tree - www.essenceofthetree.com

Greers - www.greergardens.com

Mendocino Maples - www.mendocinomaples.com

Topiary Gardens - www.topiary-gardens.com (huge selection)

Wildwood Farm - www.wildwoodmaples.com

World Plants - www.worldplants.com (new grafts only)

Hope this helps.

K4

o

I've ordered all kinds of plants on line and have had very good luck.

Do use a couple precautions though if you're going with an unknown e-bay type nursery. Just things like know what you're buying, don't be afraid to ask questions before purchasing, and make sure you don't order for shipment during a bad time of year. No plant in a pot is going to be happy being shipped 1,500 miles across I-10 in a box truck mid summer.

o

I've bought quite a few maples on-line, and I haven't lost one yet. Most of mine have been new grafts or 1-gallon plants. The only problem I've had is that one of my trees was infested with mites, which spread to other trees as well. That was a bit of a pain.

Generally I buy very young trees and grow them in containers until they are large enough to plant in the yard. Some of them are dwarfs that I plan to keep in containers indefinitely.

o

ive bought 4 on ebay. they were packaged well. one was about 4' tall and 3' wide had a few branches broke, but its doing well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here