Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lewmille

Inviting feedback on selling plants for profit on my property

lewmille
13 years ago

I only have a 3/4 of an acre, but I'm in a rural area living on an interstate highway access road just right off a major exit. I want to have a stand in front of my house by the road and sell agricultural products for profit. I have 2 large pear trees and could sell the pears when they ripen. I also have an abundance of Redbud, Rose of Sharon, Wisteria and Mimosa trees and sprouts that I can dig and pot for sale. I also have an abundance of a couple dozen different varieties of perennials and house plants that can easily be divided and make root cutting of to pot and sell. I can make seed packets from all of them and sell the seeds. For the most part, the only expense's I'd have in that would be soil, pots, and seed packets. I've also written and developed the most awesome Garden Journal that I can sell, along with eggs from my chickens and ducks, baby chicks and ducklings, home made dog treats, cat toys, gourds, candles, soaps, lotions, and other things of the sort. I have a 74'x34' garden spot that I could sell my produce from as well. I feel like I really need a green house, but with no more space then I have and money being very scarce that would be difficult to do. I think I could accommodate a 8'x12' but am worried that I would out grow it too soon and regret not getting a larger size. I can't put one up on my own, so would have to hire it put up. No other resources. Then I'm concerned about doing sales tax, and reporting tax's, and permits, and licenses... I'm trying to research all this and would appreciate any feed back on my little dream I want to come true. :) Remember - if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you really need to seriously re-examine your life!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert