Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Little veggie baskets

Posted by snappybob SaTexas (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 10, 06 at 9:41

Can someone tell me where I might be able to find a supply of the little plastic baskets that they use at the market gardens and farm stands to display veggies in? Any suggestions on where I might look locally so I can avoid shipping? I did a goggle on market garden supplies but didn't find any. I'm being optimistic that I will have enough of a surplus this year to sell some veggies. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Little veggie baskets

Hello:
I have found that some of the local bigger produce markets will sell you from their stock. You may even find others in your community that need baskets and order together.
Tom

o
RE: Little veggie baskets

I bought some white plastic mini-storage bins at Wal mart 6"x4"x3". They are made like a lattice work and are found in the household/kitchen storage area and cost about 35 cents each in a pack of 4 as I recall. They hold about 1 qt and are washable and durable enough to last for years. I buy bulk rubber bands for squash and cucumbers, and use recycled grocery bags for everything else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here