Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
High Tunnel Kits

Posted by jrslick ks / 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 5, 09 at 13:28

I am looking for some recommendations for High Tunnel Kits. I build two small ones last year out of PVC pipe. They worked great. I want to build two more this year. If I use the PVC pipe method, they will be 12 by 48 each, give or take. My father in law just asked if he could help me out and buy a metal frame for them instead of making it out of PVC. I am ok with it. I am looking for a good product, not too pricey, and strong.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Farmtek has some nice ones, but I am not sure about other suppliers.

I am looking for a kit that is around the 12 by 48 or so. I want to have my High tunnel go North to South, that is why it can only be around 48 feet long. 45-50 is fine. Width can be more, if needed.

I am planning on growing tomatoes and cucumbers in them. I may even try other crops such as parthenocopic zucs or greens.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: High Tunnel Kits

love the farmtek ones. I just bought another one, 26X96 last week.
12 is awfully narrow. It's going to fill up too fast. See if you can go wider if you can't go longer. If you call farmtek, ask for Mike X109, he was very helpful to me before and I think they get paid partly on commission.

o
RE: High Tunnel Kits

I agree with Sandy. Tough to go wrong with the tunnels from Farmtek. We have very high winds here (55mph is a warmup) and I have never lost one. Price is very good too!
Steven

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here