Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Southern Illinois Small Fruit and Vegie School 2013

Posted by henhousefarms (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 13:30

It's that time of year again for the UofI Extention schools. This year they have combined the the Small Fruit, Strawberry and Vegetable schools into a two day program on Feb 12/13th at Mount Vernon. This is a pretty good place to both learn and network with other local growers. They look to have some pretty interesting sessions planned. We try to go each year (weather permiting - they seem to have a funny ability to pick the worst weather to hold it). The list of seminars can be found here.

Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern Illinois Small Fruit and Vegie School 2013

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Southern Illinois Small Fruit and Vegie School 2013

Tom, I don't think James and I will be there this year. We will miss you.

o

Sorry to hear that, Marla - it's always nice to see you guys. Maybe with you not there I have a chance of winning a door prize!!

Tom

o

HaHA, good luck.

o

Tom, I would so dearly love to go to that. Unforturnately, this dang job stuff inteferes. The state is forsaking its obligations, and the axes are falling everywhere around me. I'm safe, but I just found out I'll have to work a couple years longer than I wanted to. All of these ridiculous and unfunded new mandates are taking their toll on this old man. Be glad you got out!!!! There are many sessions I'd love to attend.

o

I'm thinking about going. I've met a few of the people on the presentation panels; they are great guys.

o

Over the last 2 years, I learned alot. Some things were over my head, but at least it's wasn't boring. It is much cheaper than the Hort Congress that Purdue sponsors in Indianapolis the last part of January.

o

I almost cry every time I get my TRS benefits statement, Brook. Several times I have looked at getting another teaching job but have not followed through. It's amazing on how something looks depending on if your on the inside or the outside. Sorry to hear you have to put in the extra years - I just hope there is still money in TRS when you get there. I worry about Mom and Dad in that respect - it was a pretty low blow a couple of years ago when the state messed around with the retirement insurance. I guess all you can say is Illinois would be a pretty nice place to live if not for the government (and that stain in the northeast corner of the state).

Cole Robbie - if you decide to go down whistle and maybe we can meet up for lunch. It's always nice to put faces and names together.

Tom

o

checking into whether our class will allow us to take a quiz on another day so that we can be there. hopefully the weather will cooperate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here