Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patricias_herbs

Accepting Bank Cards At Farmer's Markets???

patricias_herbs
18 years ago

Hello,

I need some advice from folks that accept credit cards for on & off site sales.

I'm finally giving in- I plan to accept Bankcards this season with a $10 minimum charge. I will be doing 2 Farmer's Markets, several large gardening shows, as well as greenhouse sales during the week. I'm also thinking of offering it for online sales. But I will be shut down for the winter months.

I'm most concerned about the off-site sales, and how they would work. When folks are lined up to pay-I need to expedite the process. Cell phone authorizations are very time consuming, but how safe is it to not call them in at the time of sale? An electronic reader without phone service sounds good to me, but is several hundred dollars for the unit. This processes the card just like in the store but stores all the info until you get home and hook it up to the phone line. Professional, easy to use, though again cards not authorized until you get back home.

Any recommendations & experiences on who you have found to be successful- reasonable & cost effective, easy & safe to use?

My bank is real pricey & high fees continue while I'm closed down for winter. A craft vendor at our market uses Costco's services & is satisfied. I have checked out Propay.com and Charge.com. Both have some good pros & low cons.

Thanks for your advice & time- Patricia

Comments (5)

Sponsored