Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ohiofarmboy

new high tunnel farmer-looking for suggestions

ohiofarmboy
17 years ago

ive worked for a friend who had high tunnels and decided i want a change of life. ive decided to get into farming using only high tunnels. im planing on setting up a couple road side stands on a main traffic road close by-approx 50-75,000 cars a day im located 15 miles from downtown columbus ohio but still in farm area. im looking for suggestion on items to grow? flowers? definately doing tomatoes .. i will also work with a few restaurant owners i know but im a real go getter when it comes to marketing. im thinking of starting out with (twenty) 24x96 high tunnels with roll up sides. i know with that size set up i have alot of different options for growing many things just looking for input. is 20 enough? just kidding... ive always done great in whatever i do but my wife and i like to grow so i figured what the heck. ive researched many months on high tunnel growing. if anyone would like to talk direct feel free i also have a crew ive used for several years to help me with everything.

robert

614-851-0929

Comments (2)

• margaretmontana
    17 years ago

I grow tomatoes, cukes and peppers in my 2 small ones. I know a lot of people that grow strawberries and ones that hang flower baskets down the centerline. There is a forum for hightunnels but I don't have it handy.

• ohiorganic
    17 years ago

There will be several season extension/hightunnel workshops at the OEFFA conference. See the post at the top of the topic list on the forum

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!