Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interested in setting up at a local farmer market

Posted by tomato_dreamer IN5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 26, 06 at 17:58

I live outside a city that has a farmers market. I am interested in growing some produce to offer for sale there. I wonder if I need to purchase some liability insurance for my small operation. Do any of the folks here have any suggestions for me? Thanks, Paul.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interested in setting up at a local farmer market

I think you'll find that a lot of farmers' markets require liability insurance, which you can usually get as part of a farm policy. You then list the market (or, perhaps the city or the private institution that provides the site for the market) as a "named insured."

o
RE: Interested in setting up at a local farmer market

Hello Paul,I live in Indiana also and will be growing for market this year.I do know that for the Jennings county market does require insurance.I have also checked into one in Osgood that carries its own insurance.Which market will you be selling at?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here