Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrslick

Staying warm and picking for the market this week

Cold is here to stay for this week, we got over a foot of snow today and have a stiff NE wind at 25-35 mph. I guess that is better than just the 35 to 50mph winds we were getting???

Harvested Monday after school for Friday afternoon market. Most markets are on Saturday, but the location is booked for every Saturday so it was Friday or nothing. Running out of produce, not a bad thing, just wish we had more to offer. Won't make this mistake again of not getting stuff planted on time. I will take a day off work to make things happen next fall, if I need to.

Most of the lettuce was too small to sell as single heads, so I just tore them off the stalk and will sell as bagged lettuce. Heavy on the Red, but it sells the best and is the hardiest.

The Kale is slow to grow back too, so I am just selling mixed bags of it. Scarlet, Dinosaur, Winterbor and some Red Russian.

Of course I will have carrots.

Also for the first time this winter, I will have spinach. Sorry forgot to get a pick before I bagged it. I will also have Cilantro.
I could have more spinach, but I ran out time to pick it. Also, it won't warm up enough, until this weekend to harvest it. So I will just go with what I have. I just hope the snow storm this Friday isn't as big as this one was. How is the weather in your area?

Jay

Comments (5)

Sponsored