Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tulsacityfarmer

Senate Bill S 510

tulsacityfarmer
13 years ago

NaturalNews) Senate Bill 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act, has been called "the most dangerous bill in the history of the United States of America." It would grant the U.S. government new authority over the public's right to grow, trade and transport any foods. This would give Big brother the power to regulate the tomato plants in your backyard. It would grant them the power to arrest and imprison people selling cucumbers at farmer's markets. It would criminalize the transporting of organic produce if you don't comply with the authoritarian rules of the federal government.

"It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one's choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God." - Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower (http://shivchopra.com/?page_id=2)

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/030418_Food_Safety_Modernization_Act_seeds.html#ixzz1Et8ZUlwbThis tyrannical law puts all food production (yes, even food produced in your own garden) under the authority of the Department of Homeland Security. Yep -- the very same people running the TSA and its naked body scanner / passenger groping programs.

This law would also give the U.S. government the power to arrest any backyard food producer as a felon (a "smuggler") for merely growing lettuce and selling it at a local farmer's market.

It also sells out U.S. sovereignty over our own food supply by ceding to the authority of both the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Codex Alimentarius.

It would criminalize seed saving (http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/20...), turning backyard gardeners who save heirloom seeds into common criminals. This is obviously designed to give corporations like Monsanto a monopoly over seeds.

It would create an unreasonable paperwork burden that would put small food producers out of business, resulting in more power over the food supply shifting to large multinational corporations.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/030418_Food_Safety_Modernization_Act_seeds.html#ixzz1Et8vSUnW

Comments (5)

• wordwiz
    13 years ago

Yawn.

There's been a multitude of discussions about this on GW.

FWIW, most discussions evolve into political debates and GW frowns on these.

Mike

• tulsacityfarmer
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have no political agenda!!I'm a market grower, who feels others in the buss. should know about what might affect our buss. If it was just a political thing I would post it in other threads.I'm a legit buss.,just worried about my future and that of my fellow producers.

• wordwiz
    13 years ago

The thing is, the bill never passed and since that session of Congress has ended, it is dead. It would have to be reintroduced and pass the house, senate and the prez would have to sign it.

Mike

• myfamilysfarm
    13 years ago

Mike, according to our conference in So IL, it did pass with exceptions.

Myself, it doesn't affect me at all because:

1. I don't sell $500,000 or more
    2. I will not be selling to restaraunt, stores or thru other wholesalers.
    3. I will not be buying produce more than 275 miles away from my farm--I have done this in the past.

This are the 3 exemptions that allow me to not worry about it.

Marla

• tonytiller
    13 years ago

We all need to use our minds for issues beyond sowing, growing and marketing. If we don't someone with a title will use it for us. We are the ones that should know how future cures in this business will affect us, I for one need to keep informed if for no other reason to know that I have just been put out of business and a lively hood. Please do keep me informed. None of us have a great deal of time for the daily news this time of the year, if you are not politically correct, I will forgive you. Our class is not overly represented so your sympathy and morale support maybe all I have between my choosen "Garden of Joy" and my lively hood demise. I do invest annually my squirled away small fortune to continue in this business, your wisdom posted here may someday gratefully save my grub stake. I would not be shocked to wake up some day and find my way of living is history and I have been replaced with no legitimate cause or reason. If marketing is now difficult, I would then need to do miracle-marketing or retreat year around to my recliner and have food delivered to me. That would of course be good, healthy, clean and inspected fresh bland sprayed produce. Keep me posted.

Sponsored