Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jcatblum_gw

'Getting the Most from Fruit and Vegetable Market News Retail

jcatblum
12 years ago

My market gardening class has gone well, but it could be better. I don't feel I have taken alot of new info from it, but would have been great if I had no idea where to start. Last night we discussed hightunnels. Most profitable high tunnel crop we looked at was tomatoes, planted in the ground about a month before the last frost date. Next wk is the final wk of my class, one of the best things I have gotten from the class is other hands on or learning opportunities. This webinar is nation wide, so thought I would share.

"Getting the Most from the Fruit and Vegetable -Market News Retail Report"

Date: Wednesday,March 28, 2012

Time: 2� 3 p.m., Eastern Time

The USDAAgricultural Marketing Service (AMS) invites you to a free, interactive webinaron USDA�s Fruit and Vegetable Market News, a Web-based resource thatprovides price and movement data for hundreds of agriculturalcommodities. Market News reports cover this information for domestic andinternational wholesale markets, production areas and ports of entry.

Whether you�re a grower, packer, processor, wholesaler, distributor or arepresentative from academia and government - if you�re part of the fruitand vegetable industry this webinar is for you.

Join AudrinaLange, Assistant to the Director of AMS Fruit and Vegetable Market News, tolearn about the wealth of timely, valuable data available from the free,Web-based National Fruit and Vegetable RetailReport,including:

� Freshproduce prices at the retail level on a national and regional basis,

� Graphsand overviews of price and market activity data, and

� Analysesof fresh produce inclusion in weekly retail advertised specials at thousands ofstores across the country.

We�ll alsotake you through the MarketNews Portalto show you how you can use and benefit from the wide array of retail data,customized reports and other market news that is free and at your fingertips24/7!

The webinar is free, but you must register to participate. Space is limited. Register today at http://bit.ly/y6w4jS

For additionalinformation about Market News visit www.marketnews.usda.gov/portal/fvorcontact Audrina Lange via phone at (202)720-3344,ore-mail: audrina.lange@ams.usda.gov

If you have anyquestions about USDA�s Agricultural Marketing Service, please contactChristopher Purdy at (202) 720-3209 or christopher.purdy@ams.usda.gov.

Comments (3)

Sponsored