Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Getting the Most from Fruit and Vegetable Market News Retail

Posted by jcatblum 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 14:23

My market gardening class has gone well, but it could be better. I don't feel I have taken alot of new info from it, but would have been great if I had no idea where to start. Last night we discussed hightunnels. Most profitable high tunnel crop we looked at was tomatoes, planted in the ground about a month before the last frost date. Next wk is the final wk of my class, one of the best things I have gotten from the class is other hands on or learning opportunities. This webinar is nation wide, so thought I would share.

"Getting the Most from the Fruit and Vegetable -Market News Retail Report"

Date: Wednesday,March 28, 2012

Time: 2� 3 p.m., Eastern Time

The USDAAgricultural Marketing Service (AMS) invites you to a free, interactive webinaron USDA�s Fruit and Vegetable Market News, a Web-based resource thatprovides price and movement data for hundreds of agriculturalcommodities. Market News reports cover this information for domestic andinternational wholesale markets, production areas and ports of entry.

Whether you�re a grower, packer, processor, wholesaler, distributor or arepresentative from academia and government - if you�re part of the fruitand vegetable industry this webinar is for you.

Join AudrinaLange, Assistant to the Director of AMS Fruit and Vegetable Market News, tolearn about the wealth of timely, valuable data available from the free,Web-based National Fruit and Vegetable RetailReport,including:

� Freshproduce prices at the retail level on a national and regional basis,

� Graphsand overviews of price and market activity data, and

� Analysesof fresh produce inclusion in weekly retail advertised specials at thousands ofstores across the country.

We�ll alsotake you through the MarketNews Portalto show you how you can use and benefit from the wide array of retail data,customized reports and other market news that is free and at your fingertips24/7!

The webinar is free, but you must register to participate. Space is limited. Register today at http://bit.ly/y6w4jS

For additionalinformation about Market News visit www.marketnews.usda.gov/portal/fvorcontact Audrina Lange via phone at (202)720-3344,ore-mail: audrina.lange@ams.usda.gov

If you have anyquestions about USDA�s Agricultural Marketing Service, please contactChristopher Purdy at (202) 720-3209 or christopher.purdy@ams.usda.gov.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Getting the Most from Fruit and Vegetable Market News Retail

I agree, I usually don't get alot from any of the seminars. I believe most of them are for true beginners. But I've decided that IF I can get one useful piece of information out any book, seminar or even post, I'm happy and more knowledgeable.

Marla

o

My experience is that the best part comes from being in contact with other growers, just as on these forums. I've been to many seminars and classes where the best information came in the hour afterward, in the parking lot.

o

Bill, you are right. Sometimes just going to lunch with 1 fellow marketers, you learn alot. Our seminars are usually the coldest day or so, so the parking lot is very cold. The Southern IL conference gave us lots of time to network with other growers and vendors while we were there.

Marla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here