Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Possibly moving, anyone familiar with this area or market?

Posted by andreaz6wv 6b (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 24, 10 at 16:50

Hello,

I currently live in WV, started selling at a farmers market last year(thanks for everyone's help here along the way). I'm a hobby gardener more or less. I loved it! What I didn't grow I picked (berries, etc..) or got from local people. Anyways, here's the thing:

Husband might relocate to Sumter, SC. I saw a new Farmer's Market was opening in Columbia. We would not live in Sumter directly. Maybe the Lugoff or Elgin area.

This time around when buying a house I would like to get a flatter yard since that's not the easiest thing to do here in WV. A few acres to work with would be nice.

I am in Zone 6 here and I think moving there would put me in Zone 8.

So what does anyone know about that area or Farmer's Markets there? Supposedly the new one opening in Columia has state of the art this or that?

Thanks for anything you have to offer,
Andrea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Possibly moving, anyone familiar with this area or market?

Andrea, It doesnot look like anyone has heard of Sumter. Too bad. You should move here to z4, very friendly, freezing, unemployed lot. Two degrees above ZERO this morning. We do have a Sumpter Township over the hill from me with a lot of frozen dirt.

o
RE: Possibly moving, anyone familiar with this area or market?

Andrea, if nobody can tell you about a market, you can search for one on the net. Either thru Localharvest.org or googling, "farmers market, SC", you might be able to find one nearby. that's what I do when I start looking for additional markets. It won't tell how good the market is, but it should give you a location and maybe a contact for one. Also, call the Chamber of Commerce in the area that you are moving to and ask.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here