Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulb Crate Distributors

Posted by thesmilingdog z4bMI (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 12, 10 at 18:23

Evening,

Does anyone know of a crate resource in Wisconsin or lower Michigan. We are in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (no, not upper lower Michigan)and the shipping costs are outrageous to get them here. We work with Ednie,and they are great, but it would cost us more for shipping than the crates. It seems that I've seen them used in restaurants as well for hauling silverware, however I can't seem to find a closer source. Would like to be able to drive & pick them up.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulb Crate Distributors

Have you tried Monte Packaging? I know that they have an outlet in Benton Harbor, MI, I know that is in the lower part, but their shipping might be less since they're in MI. It might be worth a mini-vacation to go and pick them up.

o

I just remembered a conversation I had with a man this past summer about crates. He told me to go to a certain liquor store, as there were tons of crates sitting out back that were free for the taking. Have any big liquor stores around? Otherwise - Monte is a great source. Also - check craigs list - never know what you will find!

o

Montes does have a nice selection of packaging material. I ordered some things this spring, I was not happy with shipping cost, but that is because we could drive there cheaper, we're only 20. mins. away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here