Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
englishivy_gw

anyone heard of Mike McGroarty's Backyard Nursery

englishivy
18 years ago

He is offering his course for $297.00. Has anyone ever ordered this or have any reviews on it?

Comments (9)

• diggerdan
    18 years ago

I have his book, lots of info. But there is a lot info on Gardenweb too!

• edwoodtick
    18 years ago

great info

• Roberta_z5
    18 years ago

I downloaded lots of his stuff about 10 years ago when it was free. He has lots of great information, but you can get it free elsewhere. Can't blame the guy for charging, but maybe $50 would have been just about right and he would have taken in lots of dough.

• chicomom23
    13 years ago

The last post by delores69 sounds like the ads I get from him. I only wanted access to the online forum so bought the $88 system. Didn't work. Now they want me to pay $18 for trial and $67/month for 8 months (over $600) to get access to the forums of growers. My sister has access, so I know how valuable this is - but over $600? When the original ads for $367 would have got me access, but now that I've spent $88 I need to spend about $642 more???? I always thought it was reputable until now and my personal experiences.

• Luvn2Garden
    12 years ago

I purchased the backyard nursery back a couple of years ago and I ended up building a greenhouse because I was so intrigued by him I also am in the process of purchasing his members nursery board which is $67 a month for either 6 or 8 months yeah it sounds like a lot of money but on that board are serious people making bussiness it is a way of connecting with other people doing the same thing your trying to do we help each other out as well as buy and sell just like any other Biz buy low sell a little higher cause if you go to high people go elsewhere not to mention I enjoy it if you face book me you can actually see the greenhouse I built that I want to start my cutting nursery in (Frank Minio) if your serious about entering into a Biz and it is root cutting Mike has a lot of knowledge and he is hands on in the forums that he sells so like anything else it is always buyer beware and not all businesses are a success but you gotta put in to get out.

• dlchasta35
    11 years ago

I have been a member of Mikes for several years. Lots of really good information in a way that is quick and easy.

I joined the members board three months ago and it is a great deal.

The information on it is from people actually engaged in raising plants for sale. They are so helpful to beginners it is unbelievable.

I have already sold over 150 dollars worth of plants and have bought 300 dollars worth from the members at great prices.

I am convinced that I will recoup my investment in less than one year.

• berry_bob
    11 years ago

I am on Mikes email list and the info he sends out is great

• HU-40871893
    last year

I have been a member of the Backyard Growers for the past 5 years. I even traveled back to Ohio for one of Mike's "Shindigs" (a picnic style get together at his nursery, for members of his group). As a retired attorney, I am wary of most internet offerings, but decided to join the group, knowing that I had a month to back out and get my money back if all was not as promised. Shortly after I joined, I traveled to Ohio to check him out in person.

Well . . . he is the real deal, exactly who he says he is. There is nothing phony about that man. He is a genuine expert at growing and marketing what he grows . . . his system works. In person, he talks just like he does in his videos. And he really does keep his pet donkeys around.

For me, one of the real benefits of joining the group is having access to the message board for the members. There are hundreds if not thousands of members, some more active than others. If I have a question, issue, problem . . . I can post it on the Board and get good advice from people who know what they are doing. Also, I have access to the Buy/Sell Board, where members sell small plants for prices you can find anywhere else unless you are buying in bulk (a few hundred plants at a time).

I was able to build my nursery on a budget because I had access to many, many liner cultivars (young plants) which I potted up and took cuttings from to make more plants, rinse and repeat.

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County