Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beagler1776

Tell the Senate you want freedom to choose local

beagler1776
14 years ago

Hi all,

I usually post on the farm forum (I lurk here and have learned so much tho- THANKS)... I meant to post this earlier as it definitely is important for market growers.

Today many many folks are meeting their representatives in DC to discuss Bill S-510 and it's unintended consequences to local food producers and small farms. We need to make them stop the bill and rethink the wording to protect small farmers from MORE REGS n FEES and undue burdens!

I hope you'll visit www.NICFA.com and see how easy it is to have your voice heard. Click on Farm Food Voices DC along top. Numbers really matter for these grass root issues! The huge corps have numerous lobbyists and the rest of us need to learn and speak up.

Enjoy a write up of 2009's event from Kimberly Hartke's blog: http://hartkeisonline.com/2009/04/22/peasants-pitchforks-and-a-perfect-food-supply

Thanks and happy spring!

Leslie

Please invite your Representative and Senators to the Local Foods Feast Reception (fax is best)

Sample Invitation below:

FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND SENATORS: www.House.gov and www.Senate.gov

Dear Congressman_______ or Senator_________,

As your constituent, I'd like to invite you and your staff to a Local Foods Feast. This Legislative Reception hosted by the National Independent Consumers and Farmers Association (NICFA) is part of NICFA's fourth annual national grassroots lobby day: Farm Food Voices DC.

DATE: Wednesday, March 10

TIME: 4:00 - 6:30

ROOM: SD-106

Please come and enjoy foods from small farms prepared by the area's best restaurants and caterers. Experience the finest of foods, from regional farms where animals are raised on open grass pastures with soils enriched by ecologically harmonious amendments like sea salt, compost, and natural mineral sources.

Meet the rich tradition of heritage farming: your local community family farm, your neighbors. Some are organically certified, some are beyond organic. All the farmers and the consumers who depend on them warmly invite you to partake of our real food and to learn more about us.

If you are unable to attend, I invite you to send a staff member to represent you.

Many thanks,

Your name

Address

Phone number

YOU MUST INCLUDE: Your physical address and telephone number or they will ignore the invitation -- they have to verify you are from their district/state.

Sponsored