Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving seedlings from under lights to their 2nd Home.

Posted by 2fennelshirts 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 10:10

This is my smallest GH (16'x20'), this one is heated by our outside wood boiler. As you can see it's NOT Spring here Yet !! Once the valve (boiler pipe) is opened the snow will melt away. I do have to move some of the snow from sides first. I'll be moving some of my seedlings to their New temp home for a couple weeks or so in this GH, my tom's will stay under the lights for about a month, then transplanted to the new HH. The 4 kinds of kale will be transplanted in the new HH next week. Slow start/crazy weather. Six more inches of white stuff on Monday, then warm up, got my fingers crossed.
Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving seedlings from under lights to their 2nd Home.

I moved mine about a week ago and they got sun burnt pretty badly :(

o

I'm glad we don't have that white stuff on the ground like that. Thanks for making me feel warm.

o

My pop up greenhouse will not be able to be put up until the snow melts. Luckily I have room for more trays in the basement for now. I put my greenhouse where it gets morning and evening light but afternoon shade. Otherwise it gets too hot. That means the north side of my house but where the sunrises and sunsets shine on it.

o

I've had to buy another 8 4' lights in the last week, since I can't get them out yet. No basement, so bedroom lights up very bright during the day with 24' 4' and 4'2' lights on during the day. At least the heat doesn't kick on, so I save on heating that room during the day (separate thermostat, heaters in that room).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here