Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small roadside stand pics?

Posted by gardeningmom2five (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 08 at 17:54

For the last few years, we have just used a table at the end of our drive for our veggies. This year, I would love to build a small roadside stand that looks more professional than what we have used in the past. Does anyone have pics they would be willing to post?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small roadside stand pics?

Hi, I am having trouble trying to post a picture of my stand but if you go to the address below, there are building plans for a couple different stands. The one I built is similar to #5983. If I can figure out how to include a photo I will post again.
http://www.bae.uky.edu/ext/Plans/plans_Horticulture.htm#stands

o

Here ya go...#5983

Gee, this is why I can never build anything. My head started spinning as soon as I saw this diagram, lol. Just not made to be a carpenter, I guess.

:)
Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: #5983

o

Thank you for the webpage and link. I like the look of that one, however we need one even smaller. Like something that can be moved at the end of the season without to much trouble. I don't sell a ton either, so simple, but attractive is my goal :)This year, I will be selling tomatoes, peppers, beans, squash, and perennials mostly so I'm thinking 8ft-4ft would suffice. One of these days, I shall have my farm, and will have room for a REAL stand then lol.

o

I found this photo online a while ago (unfortunately, have lost the source...). It's a SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) merchant stand. It looks to be fairly easy to make/set up -- some 2x4s, some poles, and canvas. I imagine you could use plywood instead of canvas for something a little sturdier, although this is made to be transported and set up/tear down-able for a weekend event, so it might be good for your needs.

Here is a link that might be useful: SCA Merchant Stand

o

Just hoping someone else may want to share also?

o

See the fourth one here: http://www.pfi.iastate.edu/images/OutAbout_2_2000.htm

Or a smaller version of the third photo down here, with a fold-down roof: http://www.haywardsicecream-nh.com/gallery.html

Or a converted trailer, designed like those that you see at county fairs that sell food, with a wooden awning that folds down to close it up when not in business.

Actually, many chicken coops look like roadside stands. Maybe you could find something there that was adaptable.

Sue

o

http://www.rainbowcountrypeddler.com/country_truck_peddler.htm

o

Here's ours...

http://www.dragonfly-farms.com/images/2007PhotoGallery/cart-spring-07.JPG

o

Dragonfly farms,

Is that an honour system set-up you have?

Looks very appealing!

o

Yes it is on the honor system.

Thanks! It's designed to be pretty flexible. The back and sides can fold up or down depending on how windy it might be. The inside converts for produce (angles up in back) and the entire structure can be lifted off the wheels/frame with my tractor forks should maintenance be required.

I wish I still had the plans to share, but I drew them up on paper and they are lost now..

o

Here is one picture of our stand:

o
RE: Small roadside stand pics How do you post?

Can't get it to show. Don't know how to do it.

o

I went to Google images and typed in farm stand to get ideas.

o

Hi! I am looking for ways to make my old manure spreader into a rolling roadside stand. My son is starting a vegetable garden business for the summer so trying to save money. Any advice would make a tired mother very happy! Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

o

I had a great comment from a member about putting food near a manure spreader....not an appetizing combination, but I am still going to keep looking into this. I don't have any other options that already have wheels! Thanks to all!

o

Well we did make a roadside stand out of our old manure spreader. I really like it now! Not finished putting the finishing touches and will get some bales of straw. We will have bushel baskets with corn and I have some old crates for display. We are going to hang some flower baskets on the shifter handles. This is my son's summer company business.

http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/tifolie/

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

o

We tried tents/tables last year, not a good idea the wind really took it's toll. This year we have purchased a small wooden barn bldg that is on skids and portable. Our zoning laws do not permit anything permanent. Hopefully this will pan out for us.

What I am really looking for is display plans. Not bushel baskets, boxes but shelves, bins, etc. for indoor and outdoors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here