Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrslick

Movable High-tunnels Pictures

Well since the weather has shut me down for the night, it is snowing heavy now and the ground is white, I will post the pictures I took prior to snow starting today.

Sorry I couldn't get them both in one picture. I was up against the fence. We got one covered yesterday (warmest day we have had in a long while around 60 degrees) the other one will have to wait.

Picture of Mobile #1 Still needs some vents, a door and toe kick boards at each end.

{{gwi:294595}}

Picture of Mobile #2 I still need to complete the rails for the next position. That won't take too long. I have been too busy building them to stop and dig holes.

{{gwi:294596}}

Here is the roller assembly that I made. Eric, I was going to go with the caster wheels, but they were more money than I wanted to spend. If I have a problem with this set up I will probably change to that, but simplest idea first. I wish the roller pipe was smaller diameter, but it was as small as I could find at home. I can easily change it if I need too. The metal shaft is solid 3/4 inch oil field sucker rod, 4 inches long. It is very strong. The entire structure is sitting on these rollers.

I still need to make a top vent in both ends, construct a door and install a kick board at each end. I also need to work the area up. I am most bummed about this. I wanted to have that taken care of, but it has been too wet. Maybe next week. I have broken out other sections of this grass pasture the last two years. It is really fertile soil and it will just take time. While I am happy with the buildings, I am disappointed about the angle of the top. I wish it was a steeper angle, closer to a 50-55 degrees. Currently it is about a 30. However, when your father in law drives 3 hours to help bend the pipe, it is hard to tell him it won't work. We will see how they hold up with the 2-5 inches of snow we are to have tonight and tomorrow.

Comments (3)

Sponsored