Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Brother in law sent me a link about this Potato Digger, I thought it looked kinda neat and for $25 I thought I would go look at it, then I bought it.

The guys grandfather built it from scrap pieces laying around the farm in the 60's/70's. He said he was an "inventor". He remembered using it as a kid and then when his kids were younger they used it. His dad passed away long ago and then they moved his mom to town and they she wanted to keep it. It was painted and has been sitting there for a long time. They finally moved her to a retirement home and decided to let it go.

Yes it looks a little strange and it will take two people to operate, but even it doesn't work it looks kinda cool. The digger lifts the potatoes and then the grates on the back move up and down. There is a wheel on the back and it has spokes that lifts and drops it. It shakes the dirt through and the potatoes roll off the back.

Just thought I would share. Even if it doesn't work, I have a use for the metal wheels to put on my 3 point blade so I don't scrape rock when I move snow. That alone is worth $25. Also I thought I could mount it on a 3 point tool bar without much trouble too.

Jay

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022