Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattisgarden

farm stand

pattimelt
19 years ago

Does anyone have building plans or pictures of farm stands?

I want a wagon-style produce stand I can move out to my front yard to sell my produce, flowers, etc. Maybe an overhang roof or awning to protect from direct sun. Has to be portable.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Patti

Comments (10)

• Tom1953
    19 years ago

I wish I had a picture for you of a stand in PA that we visit.
    It was setup just as you referred to on a wagon.
    1) You need a wagon that is not to tall.
    2) set up benches or trays for your product on an incline. These can not be too long as your customer will have to reach.
    3) An awaing that will not only cover the produce but your customer should be made of a quality vinaly or canvas. Try to figure where the sun will be so as to cover the product well.
    4) have a place for packing your prduct. If this is a self serve then have it in the center. Provide bags and a honor system cash can. One tip. Make a cash can out of a lockable mail box, the type that mounts on the wall. Bills go in the top. A change can will give the customer change. Keep your prices simple. $ for a dollar, 2 for a dollar.
    5) Since your stand is mobile put up a good strudy sign with your name and times the stand will be there. You can also promote things that are plentifull on your sign too.

Hope this helps, if you have more question you may email me at hopefarm@adelphia.net

Take care

Tom

• Patris
    19 years ago

If you will do a search for farm stand plans, you will get several places to look at an buy plans to build your own.

I did this search and there are plenty of sites that I think are what you are looking for. Good luck.

Hope this will help

Patris

• prairiemaid
    19 years ago

Patti, it sounds exactly like what I am looking for too! If I find anything I'll let you know. Appreciate if you did the same. :)

• prairiemaid
    19 years ago

I was thinking of something along these lines:

{{gwi:1041119}}

• prairiemaid
    19 years ago

Here's a good one. Not sure if that is what you were looking for?

{{gwi:1041120}}

• prairiemaid
    19 years ago

There are more carts at the site where I got the above picture.
    www.merlimfgco.com/carts.htm

• thedolphinlady
    16 years ago

I did a google search as Patris suggested but I couldn't find anything, but I did find this list for which I am greatful. Please forgive the fact that I goofed and posted this twice.

I would dearly love to see some pictures or plans for a tiny vegetable/garden stand. I would like something that is not too big, my garden is only 48' by 48', but I get a tremendous excess of food and have been hauling out my veggies and table each day and night. It get old after awhie. lol At 62, I could use a farm stand.

So far I've been putting out a table, a money box, and a price on what I have to sell. It works! lol. Not making much money, but having fun doing it -- besides it helps to pay for the seed and plants. :-)

Joannie

• loodean
    16 years ago

I have a booklet titled "Handcart Handbook". It is mostly about how to build a better garden cart, but the author, David Tresemer has devoted several pages to building a "peddler's handcart" with lots of photos and plans. It is published by By Hand & Foot, LTD, PO Box 611, Brattleboro, Vermont 05301...

• tulsacityfarmer
    16 years ago

I suggest the book, "The Small Commercial Garden",by Dan Haakenson. He has a stand with all you need. It has an umbrella mount,joist hangers scale and bag mount a cash drawer,its got shelves for produce and even has a corner stand to use all space wisely.

• iinvent1
    13 years ago

farm stand , i bought an old amish wagon ,, have hubby move it when season over lmao ,, 150 i paid , 10 yrs later , still using it , kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: old wagon

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida