Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer forecast

Posted by ajsmama 5b (NW CT) (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 10:00

weather.com has the summer forecast - looks like Minnie may have time for her spring crops after all since summer looks like it will be colder than average around the Great Lakes. Cooler here in New England for May, so I might just start my peas, broccoli and spinach after all (I've got kale and the little bit of broccoli and spinach I started in the house outside hardening off now).

But tomatoes and peppers look like it might be June (again - 3rd year in a row!) before I can put them out, the summer (June-Aug) is supposed to be warmer(and hopefully not as dry) as last year. So I don't know what's going to happen with my late-season tomatoes and peppers - all depends on what Sept is like...

Of course the Farming forecast hasn't been updated in months!

Here is a link that might be useful: Summer forecast

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer forecast

Thanks for posting the link. Looks like I am actually in the orange warmer section unfortunately.

o
RE: Summer forecast

Well, maybe May will be cooler as they said (not shown on map, you have to watch the beginning of the video). I haven't planted my peas yet, after yesterday's high of 74 (might have been a couple degrees cooler here than in town) I am going to measure soil temp and decide if I have time for peas (or at least pea shoots), or if I should go straight to beans. With market starting mid-late June, I really wasn't thinking I'd have peas (anymore) by then, maybe not even lettuce (last year it was all bolting by end of June) but this year who knows?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here