Posted by gizzardfarm 7A (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 08 at 22:05

Just starting.. let me know what ya'll think

www.gizzardfarm.blogspot.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new farm blog...

Good job.

Your seedlings aren't getting enough light so they're leggy. If you have grow lights you should drop them to one or two inches above the tallest seedling.

o

It looks like you have a great little spot there in Tennessee. Of course, anything that green is really going to look good to me right now. I still have a couple of patches of snow visible here in northern Michigan.

Seriously, it looks beautiful, and your blog is off to a nice start. I was wondering why you had your garden plowed instead of rototilled this year?

ThinMan

o

Thanks Robin..Those puney seedlings were started inside and were my first ones..since that time i have gotten power to my outbuilding and built a five shelf grow stand with a 4 ft light above each shelf and in just a few weeks they look great. The bottom ones were in april then the next ones up are the same plants 3 weeks later.Ill post some new ones next week.
ThinMan thanks about every 5 or 6 years i plow it deep, disk it and then till it. Im not sure of the science but it helps control weeds and keeps from getting a hard dirt pan from the tiller as the plow goes 6 inches deeper than the tiller. I also use this time to incorparate lime,potash and triple 13 fert. it also helps work in the 20 loads of leaves and horse manure. Gizzard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here